The cookies enable the Website to identify the user’s device, through the information stored therein, whenever said user connects to the Website through that device.
Cookies can be “session cookies” (when they are stored solely for the length of the browsing session on the website and deleted when the browser is closed), or “persistent cookies” (when they are stored for a longer period, until they expire or are erased by the user).
- What types of cookies are used by the Website
These are cookies used to facilitate navigation and therefore the computerised transmission of data over the network or strictly necessary for the provision of the services provided by the Website. These cookies are usually temporary and known as “session cookies”. They are sent from the Website to the user’s computer while browsing, but are stored only for the length of the browsing session. This means that when the user closes his/her browser, the cookies are automatically deleted and disappear without being stored on the user’s computer. These cookies are formed by random numbers generated by the server to enable secure and efficient exploration of the Website.
Through the use of such cookies, we are able to facilitate the user’s browsing within the Website, for example by recalling the data the user has provided when completing forms on the Website (so-called user-input cookies), to recognise the user after he/she has logged in to the Website (so-called authentication cookies), to customise the interface of the website based on the preferences indicated by the user and to collect aggregate data on the number of website visitors and the most visited pages, etc. (so-called cookies analytics used with mechanisms to partially obscure IP addresses). Such cookies do not require the user’s prior and express consent as they are absolutely necessary in order to provide the service the user has requested on the Website.
These cookies are designed to create user profiles, for example, in order to send advertising consistent with the user’s preferences: except as provided in paragraph 3 below, such cookies are sent from the Website to the user’s computer while browsing and are stored after the end of the browsing session, until they expire or the user deletes them. (the so-called “persistent cookies”).
The use of such cookies requires the user’s express and informed consent.
Please note that your consent will only be requested when you first access the Website: thereafter, thanks to the use of a technical cookie, we will store your consent to allow you direct access to the pages of the Website upon your return (subject to your right to deactivate/activate cookies at any time or delete them: in this case, when you return, the Website will request your consent again).
No other user profiling tools are used on this Website (e.g. spyware).
In addition, if the user registers with the Website and provides his/her specific consent to the monitoring of his/her browsing during registration, data relating to said user’s navigation on the Website may be associated with his/her personal data.
Information on cookies sent by https://training.penta-id.org
With regard to cookies used on the Website, please note the following information:
- The domain name from which the Website’s server transmits cookies is: https://training.penta-id.org
- Purpose of the data collection: Cookies are used for the purposes of: (i) allowing easier and faster navigation within the Website or carrying out analyses/statistical and anonymous checks on the use of the site (technical cookies).
- Types of data collected: The following information is stored: the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation addresses of the requested resources; the time of request; the method used to submit the request to the server; the size of the file obtained in response; the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (success, error, etc.); and other parameters relating to the user’s operating system and computer environment.
Technically speaking, cookies (transmitted from the domain https://training.penta-id.org) contain the following information: a numeric ID that uniquely identifies Penta and a numeric ID that identifies the user (who is navigating the Website), both of which are stored within our database; a numeric ID that uniquely identifies the user’s navigation (the so-called “record”) within our database; a pseudo-random alphanumeric session ID, automatically deleted from the browser when it is closed (the session cookie).
- Validity of cookies: The Website uses session cookies (or cookies that are automatically deleted when the browser is closed), as well as permanent cookies (or cookies that are kept until the user deletes them); the duration, in any case, does not exceed six months.
- The need to accept cookies: the acceptance of cookies is not mandatory; however, we should point out that the deactivation of technical cookies, although it may permit navigation of the Website, may make it impossible to deliver certain Website content and functionality.
- Data communication: Information collected through cookies is confidential and is not disclosed to third parties.
The Website uses the so-called “third-party cookies” (e.g. Google Analytics and social network cookies), that is, cookies that are sent and managed by parties other than Penta.
To allow you to make a free and informed choice, we have indicated below: (i) the type and the identifier of the cookies; (ii) the characteristics and purposes of the cookies, as well as a link to detailed information on these cookies:
How to manage the consent of cookies and other tracking tools?
You can manage and customize your consent relating to the single categories of cookies and other tracking tools by:
- operating directly in the dedicated cookie area accessible from the banner in the website (namely “Cookie settings button”);
- operating directly in the dedicated cookie area accessible at the bottom of the website;
- accessing the preference panel by clinking on the “Manage consent” button always displayed on the web site.
In addition to the above, please note that, by clicking on the “Accept all cookies” button in the banner, you give your consent to the use of all the cookies used in our website and if you close the banner by clicking the “X” button, default settings will stay as they are and you will continue to browse the Website in the absence of cookies other than technical ones.
Deactivation/deletion of cookies via web browser
In any event, you may deactivate/activate or delete cookies at any time by using your web browser settings. In particular, if you wish to not receive cookies, you can set your browser in such a way that you are aware of a cookie and can decide whether or not to accept it; you can also automatically reject all cookies by selecting the appropriate option in your browser. You may also delete specific cookies that have already been stored within your browser, or block the storage of cookies on your computer from specific websites, or block third-party cookies.
Each browser has its own type of cookie management. On the control panel or in preferences you can change/manage the parameters and delete cookies.
To disable the use of all or just some of the cookies, you must change your browser settings (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, Safari, Opera, etc.).
Please refer to the information in the Browser manual to do this (the Help Page) or click on the following links:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/it-it/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://blogs.opera.com/news/2015/08/how-to-manage-cookies-in-opera/
You can also manage your cookie preferences at http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
What are your rights
The Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) grants you the following rights in relation to your personal data, which you may exercise within the limits and in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR: right of access by the data subject (art. 15); right to rectification (art. 16); right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) (art. 17); right to restriction of processing (art. 18); right to data portability (art. 20); right to object (art. 21); right to object to a decision based solely on Automated individual decision-making, including profiling (Art. 22); right to revoke, at any time, the consent given, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before revocation. The full text of such rights is available on www.garanteprivacy.it
You will be able to exercise the rights above by sending a written request addressed to the data controller namely “Fondazione Penta Onlus” at Corso Stati Uniti, 4 35127 Padova, Italy or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint before the Italian Data Protection Authority (www.garanteprivacy.it) if you believe that the processing of your data is contrary to the regulations in force (art. 77) or take legal action (art.79) or before the Data Protection Authority of the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
Last updated April 8, 2022